(Bronx, NY) – It’s been almost a year since 15-year old Lesandro (Junior) Guzman-Feliz was brutally murdered in the streets of the Bronx by several members of the Los Sures set in the Trinitarios gang.
In what suspects now turned witnesses have said, on June 20, 2018, the gang set out in four cars to to attack a rival set of the gang called “Sunset,” when they encountered Junior.
Believing the teen was a member of the rival gang, they chased him into a bodega on East 183rd Street in Belmont, dragged him out onto the sidewalk and stabbed him multiple times with knives and a machete. The final blow, a knife wound that went 4 1/2 inches deep from the left to the right side of Junior’s neck cutting his jugular and the back of his mouth was fatal.
The murder was caught on surveillance camera from beginning to the end where Junior is seen bleeding out on a set of stairs outside of a security booth and across the street from St. Barnabas Hospital where his mother worked.
Catch up on the trial below With Mary Murphy of PIX News:
(Bronx, NY) – A 12th suspect is now under arrest in connection to the stabbing of Bronx teenager Junior Guzman-Feliz. NYPD officers were called to Southbury, Connecticut after State Troopers detained a driver along I-84.
Luis Cabrarasantos, 25, appeared before a judge on Tuesday in Connecticut, where state troopers had arrested him on Monday. A high-speed license plate scanner on a Connecticut State Police car matched the plate of Cabrarasantos’s vehicle with a be-on-the-lookout list in a law enforcement database.
His alleged victim’s mother said that she was pleased with the new arrest, and that she expected more.
“They killed my son,” Leandra Feliz told PIX11 News. “They have to pay for killing an innocent kid.”
It comes a week after three additional suspects were charged in the boy’s murder. Outrage has gripped the Bronx community since several alleged gang members hauled Junior from a Belmont bodega, and fatally attacked him on June 20th.
Authorities have not yet identified this latest suspect.
(Bronx, NY) – New York City police are charging an eleventh suspect in the stabbing murder of 15-year-old Junior Guzman-Feliz. Authorities say 21-year-old Danilo Payamps Pacheco took part in the murder, a crime which has left the Bronx community outraged.
Junior was attacked and fatally stabbed outside a Belmont grocery late last month, in a case police have called mistaken identity. All of the men accused in the assault are allegedly members of the same street gang, who may have been seeking revenge over the release of a sex tape.
(Bronx, NY) – The owner of a Bronx bodega says his store should remain open despite calls from city council members for its closing after it became the epicenter of a brutal attack of a 15-year-old boy. Bodega owner Modesto Cruz says he feels horrible for the family of Lesandro Guzman-Feliz.
Even though the video clearly tells a different story, the bodega owner says he helped Guzman-Feliz by trying to hide him behind the counter to try to stop him from being attacked. The owner’s lawyer says Cruz and another employee inside the store were pointing to the direction of the hospital and not pointing to tell the boy to leave the store after he had suffered his injuries.
The store owner is clearly trying to stop Junior from coming across the counter.
He escorts him to the glass door of the enclosure that you have to walk through to get behind the counter and the murderers are waiting and attack as soon as he is out of the door.
The owner follows behind them as they drag Junior out and shoos them out.
One has to ask who in their right mind would instruct someone who is bleeding profusely from a severed artery in his neck to go to the hospital on his own???
Cruz says it also took two calls from 9-1-1 before ambulances arrived to help. Guzman-Feliz was attacked outside of the Cruz and Chiky grocery on East 183rd Street near Bathgate Avenue last week. The city’s City’s Consumer Affairs department is reviewing whether the bodega’s license should be revoked because of what happened.
(Paterson, NJ) – Six suspects in the fatal stabbing of a Bronx teen are being extradited from New Jersey, in a crime that’s outraged the community. The attack claimed the life of 15-year-old Lesandro Guzman-Feliz, known to friends and family as “Junior”, and launched the hashtag “Justice For Junior” on social media.
Three Bronx men, one Long Island man, and a Paterson man appeared before a judge in Paterson before being sent back to New York City to face charges.
A “Justice for Junior” march is being held tonight, retracing the steps the victim took when he tried to save his own after the attack. The funeral for Guzman-Feliz will be tomorrow morning at Our Lady of Mount Carmel in the Bronx.
(Bronx, NY) – A wake is being held today and tomorrow, a funeral on Wednesday, for the Bronx teenager murdered in a machete attack. Lesandro Guzman-Feliz, a 15-year-old who talked constantly about becoming an NYPD officer, was butchered outside a Belmont bodega last week in what police say was a case of mistaken identity.
Five members of a Dominican street gang called Trinitarios have been arrested in New York and in Paterson, New Jersey after apologizing on social media for slaughtering the wrong guy. Apparently, he looked like a teen in a Facebook video seen having sex with a young woman related to one of the gang members. A 19-year-old, Kevin Alvarez of the Bronx, is charged with second-degree murder, manslaughter and gang assault.
(Bronx, NY) – Five people are under arrest in the brutal murder of a Bronx teenager. Speaking with NY1, the victim’s mother said she is heartbroken by his senseless death.
Two of the suspects in the killing of 15-year-old Lesandro Guzman-Feliz were taken into custody in the Bronx. Three others were in Paterson, NJ. Police say more arrests are expected. The five are allegedly members of a Dominican gang known as Trinitarios.
Guzman-Feliz was hacked to death in a bodega on East 183rd Street and Bathgate Avenue with a machete and knives in what officials believe was a case of mistaken identity. The teen was a member of the NYPD’s Explorers youth program and wanted to become a detective.
A wake is being held today and tomorrow, a funeral on Wednesday, for the Bronx teenager murdered in a machete attack
(Bronx, NY) – Eight of the suspects caught on camera butchering 15-year old Lesandro (Junior) Guzman Feliz outside of Zesarina Grocery are now in custody after police say they apprehended two men in the Bronx and three others in Patterson, NJ.
The murder of the young boy caught world wide attention with many posting names and images of the suspects on line to help facilitate their arrests. Considering that members of the Trinitarios gang reached out to family members to apologize, it’s no surprise it didn’t take long for police to find the killers. This after news that it could’ve have been over a sex video and mistaken identity.
The video, which completely rips at your heart, shows the teen being dragged out of the bodega by two men while two other men working inside the store seemingly do nothing but shoo them away to make sure they leave. That’s where the nightmare began.
The men pull Junior around the corner and instantly attack him. Two of the murderers were armed with machetes while three others had knives. A sixth man captured on video had his face covered.
The savage attack lasts for less than 30 seconds and Junior is hacked and stabbed violently over and over again. When the teen is close to escaping one of the suspects appears to slice his throat from behind. Witnesses looking down on the scene yelled at the attackers to stop as Junior gets up and runs back towards the entrance of the store before coming back to the scene with blood gushing from his neck.
During the attack, a couple walking down the street, look on but do nothing. And one of the men who was operating the store peeps around the corner and sees the teen being stabbed to death….but again does nothing.
The youngster ran about a block up the road where more video shows him dying on the steps of a building directly across from St. Barnabas Hospital where people believe he was running to get help but couldn’t make it. Drenched in blood, surprisingly, he was still alive at that moment but later succumbed to his injuries.
Feliz’s mom says he left the apartment briefly to meet a friend and loan him 5 dollars. His mother told him to come right back and he never did. One has to wonder if the ‘friend’ set him up.
Junior’s brother-in -law, 19-year old Derek Grullon and his wife, Junior’s sister, say they have heard directly from members of the Trinitarios, a Dominican gang known for violence.
‘They said, ‘We had the wrong person.” She got a two-minute video mea culpa via Snapchat, he told the NYPost, in which the gang leader ‘said they kicked all of them out of the gang.’
The wrong person? The mistaken identity involves a sex video of a young woman having intercourse with another man while another guy live streams it. The woman is aware that she is being taped, covering her face with a shirt at times while participating.
It is believed that one suspect is still out there. Junior’s mother hopes neighbors will boycott the Bodega where it happened. Two operators of the store, one believed to be the owner, did nothing to help Jr. He all but helped the men drag Junior out of the store and to his death. Heartbreaking, considering the teen’s mom said the store’s owner knows her son very well and watched him grow up.
A go fund me page was setup to help the family with expenses. $15K was requested…almost $140K has been donated in 3 days. Rapper Cardi B donated $8K. Click on the link to contribute! Justice For Junior!