(Sunrise, FL) — A memorial service is planned in South Florida for rapper XXXTentacion . A post on Instagram says fans are invited to BB&T Center in Sunrise on Wednesday to remember the entertainer, whose real name was Jahseh Onfroy. The 20-year-old was shot and killed last week as he was leaving a Deerfield Beach motorcycle dealership. Police arrested a 22-year-old suspect two days after the killing.
In the week since his murder, XXXTentacion’s song “Sad” has made its way to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart. That makes him the first artist to achieve a posthumous number one song since Notorious B.I.G. back in 1997.
Changes will certainly follow. Rest in peace, kid!
(SL) – Ted Nugent is lashing out against the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students who led nationwide protests against gun violence. The students have slammed the NRA and have called for stricter gun laws following the mass shooting that left 17 dead in Parkland, Florida last month. During a radio interview on “The Joe Pags Show” Friday, Nugent said he felt sorry for the Parkland, Florida high school students calling them “ignorant” and “soulless.” He went on to say that to “attack the good, law-abiding families of America when well-known, predictable murderers committed these horrors is deep in the category of soulless.”
Nugent is a National Rifle Association board member and outspoken supporter of President Trump. His comments come in response to nationwide protests against gun violence last week, that were largely led by the students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
(Fort Lauderdale, FL) – Accused Parkland, Florida mass murderer Nikolas Cruz is getting a lot of fan mail at the Broward County Jail. Some of it includes love letters complete with suggestive pictures.
Facebook communities have also popped up for people to talk about how they can help the man accused of gunning down 17 people February 14th at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Cruz has reportedly received at least 800-dollars for his prison commissary account.
A few of the notes are religious in nature with concern for Cruz’s soul. Cruz hasn’t seen any of the sexually-charged photos as it is against jail policy.
(Fort Lauderdale, FL) — The brother of the accused Parkland, Florida high school shooter is due back in court today. Zachary Cruz was arrested on March 19th for trespassing after Broward County Sheriff’s deputies found him skateboarding on the same campus where Nikolas Cruz is accused of murdering 17 people.
Zachary’s attorney will be seeking to reduce his bond, which was increased from the original 25-dollars to 500-thousand-dollars. If convicted of trespassing, Cruz faces up to 60 days in jail and a fine of 500-dollars.
Meanwhile Nikolas, reportedly, is getting a lot of fan mail at the Broward County Jail. Some of it includes love letters complete with suggestive pictures. Facebook communities have also popped up for people to talk about how they can help the man accused of gunning down 17 people
(Orwigsburg, PA) – The superintendent of a Pennsylvania school system is re-thinking the “rocky” security plans of his district. Dr. David Helsel, Superintendent of Schools of the Blue Mountain School District in Orwigsburg, had made it publicly known last week that every classroom under his supervision was keeping a bucket of stones handy to potentially pelt any intruder who might try and enter.
Helsel took to social media this week to discuss the media and social media mentions of his district’s rock-throwing statute, saying he now fears the hype might inspire someone to test the security. Helsel says that as of yesterday, new and armed security has been added to district buildings and the policy will be subject to reevaluation down the road.
(Raleigh, NC) – Gun maker Remington Outdoor is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The major U.S. gun manufacturer reportedly made the move Sunday, a day after hundreds of thousands of people promoted increased gun control in the March For Our Lives rallies across the nation and world.
The company is facing mounting debt and lawsuits in connection to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Originally, the company planned to file for bankruptcy last month, but delayed the move following the deadly mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida. Remington reportedly planned to give control of the company to its creditors.
(Palm Beach County, FL) – Police officers are guarding the home of the Florida deputy who took a position near the scene of the massacre at a Parkland high school last week but never went in. Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School resource officer Scott Peterson resigned yesterday after surveillance video surfaced showing the deputy waiting outside the school instead of taking action to confront the shooter.
Members of the press tried to engage Peterson at his home yesterday but were turned away by several Palm Beach County police officers. The shooter opened fire with an AR-15 rifle killing 17 people and wounding several others. Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel says Peterson was outside the building for roughly four minutes while the shooting in total lasted around six minutes. Israel said the officer never fired his weapon.
The “New York Times” reported that in February of 2016, the sheriff’s office received information that the shooter, Nikolas Cruz, was planning to “shoot up the school.” That information was then forwarded to Peterson who was working at the school at that time.
(Tallahassee, FL) – The Florida state House is rejecting a measure to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. The bill had not been heard in a committee and would’ve required a two-thirds majority vote to go directly to the House floor.The measure would’ve banned the sale and possession of guns like the AR-15 that was used in last week’s high school shooting, in which 17 people were killed.
Some students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland were in the gallery as the motion to move the bill forward was voted down.
In the past 4 months over a hundred people have been killed in the United States with AR-15s:
- Oct. 1, 2017: Stephen Paddock, 64, used a stockpile of guns including an AR-15 to kill 58 people and injure hundreds at a music festival in Las Vegas before he killed himself.
- Nov. 5, 2017: Devin Kelley, 26, used an AR-15 style Ruger rifle to kill 26 people at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, before he was killed.
- Feb. 14, 2018: Police say Nikolas Cruz, 19, used an AR-15-style rifle to kill at least 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.
(Washington, DC) – A new report says some White House staff thought they got a reprieve from last week’s deadly school shooting. The “Washington Post” cited an anonymous White House official as saying it was a distraction after several straight days of bad news for the Trump Administration.
The official reportedly said a similar period of calm came after the Las Vegas shooting on October 1st. According to the “Post,” the official added, quote, “sadly, when the coverage dies down a little bit, we’ll be back through the chaos.”
Seventeen people died in the shooting last week at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. The shooting has led to calls for gun reform.
(Parkland, Fl) – Police in South Florida say they have a confession from the suspected gunman in Wednesday’s school shooting that left 17 people dead. After being read his rights, Nikolas Cruz admitted he brought the AR-15 rifle to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland and opened fire on students in the hallways and multiple classrooms.
Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel explained that Cruz was able to get away from the scene by ditching his gun and blending in with students who fleeing. Cruz has been charged with 17 counts of pre-meditated murder.
The main question however, is how did Cruz have access to guns anyway? We could start with Donald Trump rolling back an Obama era order that called for the prevention of mental impaired individuals being able to purchase guns.
During an anti-gun rally today in Ft. Lauderdale Florida, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Emma Gonzalez called out Donald Trump for that very action. She also stated that she had one question for Trump, How much money has he received from the NRA? She already knew the answer.
Metro UK breaks it down like this, During his campaign to become President in 2016, Trump benefited from $21 million in NRA donations backing his candidacy.A reported $9.6 million went towards pro-Trump adverts and promotional material and another $12 million went on adverts attacking Hillary Clinton’s campaign. Other sources put that figure even higher, closer to $30 million. In return, Trump has spoken at several NRA events and pledged his loyalty to the group.
Continue reading Emma Gonzalez And Other Students At Anti-Gun Rally Call Trump Out For Being In Bed With The NRA And Call For Change… “He Wouldn’t Have Hurt That Many Students With A Knife”