(Chicago, IL-AP) — Representatives for Empire actor Jussie Smollett are responding to comments made about the investigation into his alleged attack in Chicago last month. Chicago police released a statement this week saying the phone records that the actor turned over were insufficient for a criminal investigation.
A spokesman for Smollett released a statement yesterday, saying he is still working closely with the Chicago PD. He added that the police department has repeatedly said they find Jussie’s account of what happened consistent and credible and that he is a victim of a crime.
There are also reports that more surveillance video has surfaced.
(West Hollywood, CA-AP) — Empire actor Jussie Smollett says he’s not fully healed yet after what he says was a racist and homophobic attack in Chicago.
In his first public appearance since he was jumped Tuesday by two men yelling slurs, Smollett told the crowd at the Troubadour in West Hollywood that he fought back against his attackers, that he couldn’t let them win.
He went on to say that he’s going to stand strong. Smollett told police he was attacked by men yelling slurs, who poured a chemical on him and tied a rope around his neck. The attack is under investigation by the Chicago police and the FBI.
(Chicago, IL-AP) — Police in Chicago are releasing images of two people possibly connected to the attack on Empire star Jussie Smollett. The pictures come from a surveillance camera near the scene of the attack. Finally, it looks like the investigation is intensifying.
The released images show two shadowy figures, but it’s tough to make out any defining features about them. Police are calling them persons of interest who they want to question. Smollett claims his attackers yelled homophobic and racist slurs at him as they beat him early Tuesday morning.