(Bronx, NY) – It’s been almost a year since 15-year old Lesandro (Junior) Guzman-Feliz was brutally murdered in the streets of the Bronx by several members of the Los Sures set in the Trinitarios gang.
In what suspects now turned witnesses have said, on June 20, 2018, the gang set out in four cars to to attack a rival set of the gang called “Sunset,” when they encountered Junior.
Believing the teen was a member of the rival gang, they chased him into a bodega on East 183rd Street in Belmont, dragged him out onto the sidewalk and stabbed him multiple times with knives and a machete. The final blow, a knife wound that went 4 1/2 inches deep from the left to the right side of Junior’s neck cutting his jugular and the back of his mouth was fatal.
The murder was caught on surveillance camera from beginning to the end where Junior is seen bleeding out on a set of stairs outside of a security booth and across the street from St. Barnabas Hospital where his mother worked.
Catch up on the trial below With Mary Murphy of PIX News:
(Bronx, NY) – Nineteen-year-old Kevin Alvarez is the latest suspect to be arraigned in the murder of 15-year-old Junior Guzman-Feliz. Alvarez, one of eight suspects in the crime, appeared before a Bronx judge and stood just feet from the victim’s family.
Authorities have accused Alvarez of dragging the victim out of the Belmont bodega where it happened last week. His next court appearance is July 16th.
Alvarez is in the white jeans. Facing 2nd degree murder, he’s pleading not guilty and says he did not know that they were going to attack Junior with knives and machetes. He claims he was told that it was just going to be a fight. After Alvarez pulled Junior out he was immediately attacked and butchered by seven to eight people. He then backs away from the scene and out of the camera’s view.
(Bronx, NY) – According to a published report, this week’s stabbing death of a Bronx teenager was likely a case of mistaken identity. The “New York Post” says a prominent member of the Trinitarios street gang sent out a snap-chat video in which he apologized for the slaying. Fifteen-year-old Lesandro Guzman-Feliz, known to friends as Junior, was dragged out of a Tremont bodega and brutally attacked on Wednesday night.
Police believe the group of attackers may have mistaken the boy for another individual while seeking out revenge. It’s possible that the stabbing of a different 14-year-old boy, which happened on Monday, is connected.
Rumor has it that one of the suspects has been arrested but that news hasn’t been confirmed. Guzman-Feliz’s friends and family are outraged that no one came to his defense at the bodega, and the grocery has since closed due to that anger. NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea released surveillance images showing the alleged attackers, and he is urging anyone with information to come forward.