(SM) – I’ve been trying to cook more and saw this recipe online at Salt and Lavender and had to try it! For Shrimp and Pasta lovers (you can also put it over, mashed potatoes, rice or just eat it as is) this is a restaurant worthy dish that will have you coming back for more! Too Delicious!!
This creamy garlic Tuscan shrimp recipe with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and basil is rich, decadent, and ready in about 15 minutes! Great served over pasta or mashed potatoes.
- 1 pound shrimp (I used 31-40 count size)thawed & peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped or julienned
- 1 cup (packed) fresh baby spinach
- Handful fresh basil cut into thin strips
- Salt & pepper to taste
Melt the butter on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the flour and cook for about a minute, stirring until smooth.
Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Stir in the cream, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes. Reduce heat if it’s bubbling too much.
Add the shrimp and cook for around 5 minutes or until they’re cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened, taking care not to overcook them.
Add the spinach and basil and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately. I like to squeeze extra lemon juice over top when serving (up to you). You could also grate some fresh parmesan over top if you wish.
- Serves 2-4 depending on what else is served with this dish.
- I used sun-dried tomatoes that were packed in oil (I drained the oil). If you use the dried kind, you may want to add more than 1/4 cup.
(SM)- Easy to make, quick and tasty. You can find the Southwestern Salmon Burger at Publix already prepared. All you have to do is cook it.
Cooking Directions: Heat pan, put a small amount of garlic and herbs butter in pan, fry burger 3 mins on each side.
Season and Sautee shrimp and then season and wilt down your spinach. Eat up! Only about 500 calories with the use of butter.
Southwestern Salmon Burger
Garlic and Herb Butter
Salt and Pepper
(SL) – I don’t know one person that doesn’t love Salmon and there are so many ways to cook it. I found this great recipe on bread and sniff it! Try it out!
Salmon with Lime Hollandaise and Asparagus
4 x 200 gram pieces of salmon
A bunch of asparagus
2 egg yolks
100 grams of butter
2 tbsp of Lime juice
1. Preheat a frying pan with a small amount of oil.
2. Season the Salmon with salt and paper and place in the pan skin side down for 3 – 4 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon. Flip over and cook until it has reached your liking. Set aside.
3. In a shallow saucepan of boiling salted water, drop the trimmed asparagus and cook for 1 minute, drain and set aside.
4. Whisk the eggs yolks with tbsp of water in a heatproof bowl.
5. Take a medium sized pot of boling water and the place bowl on top of the water making sure that the bowl does not touch the water.
6. Whisk the yolk until it doubles in size and changes to a lighter colour. Place small pieces of the butter into the mixture until it combines. Continue until all the butter has been added and then remove from the heat.
7. Add the lime juice and combine.
8. Layer the asparagus and then the Salmon on a plate and pour over the hollandaise. Add cracked pepper, serve and enjoy!
Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily! Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.
1 tablespoon kosher salt plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
3/4 pound linguine
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
1 pound large shrimp (about 16 shrimp), peeled and deveined
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/2 lemon, zest grated
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes