(SL)- I’ve always wanted to try one of these after seeing it on the Food Network and never realized it was so easy to make.
Ingredients: 4 eggs (or however many you want to make), flour, Italian bread crumbs, vegetable oil, salt and pepper.
- Soft Boil your eggs for 5-6 minutes, take the eggs out and put them in ice water for about 10-15 mins to cool them all the way down.
- Take 2 cups of Italian Bread Crumbs, 1 egg and 1 cup of flour put all three in separate bowls.
- Peel egg place in flour, egg wash and then Italian Bread Crumbs, place back in egg wash and then Italian Bread Crumbs for thick crust.
- In a small sauce pot, heat 4 cups of oil
- put egg in hot grease for about 20-30 seconds, rotate to get full egg fried
Repeat for as many eggs as you have, add another egg or bread crumbs if needed and Voila!
(SL) – I love good food. We all do :). Eddie Forbes has been perfecting his craft for awhile and his food makes my mouth water. I plan on sharing several recipes with you guys, but I thought we would start with his famous Crab Cakes! Too bad the screen isn’t a scratch-n-sniff..but you can try to whip some up for yourself! INGREDIENTS:
16 oz Lump crab meat
Table spoon of mayo
2 table spoons of black pepper
Table spoon of finely chopped parsley
Half a table spoon of thyme
Half a table spoon of sea salt
1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbsPREPARATION:
Mix mayo and egg Add dry ingredients not including bread crumbs
Gently toss lump crab meat with mixture
Add bread crumbs and toss with crab meat.
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Remove from refrigerator. Form crab cakes place on baking sheet and place in oven at 425 for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove, serve with a butter garlic sauce and enjoy!
(SL) – I don’t know one person that doesn’t love Salmon and there are so many ways to cook it. I found this great recipe on bread and sniff it! Try it out!
Salmon with Lime Hollandaise and Asparagus
4 x 200 gram pieces of salmon
A bunch of asparagus
2 egg yolks
100 grams of butter
2 tbsp of Lime juice
1. Preheat a frying pan with a small amount of oil.
2. Season the Salmon with salt and paper and place in the pan skin side down for 3 – 4 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon. Flip over and cook until it has reached your liking. Set aside.
3. In a shallow saucepan of boiling salted water, drop the trimmed asparagus and cook for 1 minute, drain and set aside.
4. Whisk the eggs yolks with tbsp of water in a heatproof bowl.
5. Take a medium sized pot of boling water and the place bowl on top of the water making sure that the bowl does not touch the water.
6. Whisk the yolk until it doubles in size and changes to a lighter colour. Place small pieces of the butter into the mixture until it combines. Continue until all the butter has been added and then remove from the heat.
7. Add the lime juice and combine.
8. Layer the asparagus and then the Salmon on a plate and pour over the hollandaise. Add cracked pepper, serve and enjoy!
(SL) – If you’re short on dinner ideas for Monday night try this recipe for grilled lamb chops.
Directions :In a food processor fitted with a metal blade add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, and salt. Pulse until combined. Pour in olive oil and pulse into a paste. Rub the paste on both sides of the lamb chops and let them marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator and allow the chops to come to room temperature; it will take about 20 minutes.
Heat a grill pan over high heat until almost smoking, add the chops and sear for about 2 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare and 3 1/2 minutes for medium.
Watch How To Make This Recipe:
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
Pinch cayenne pepper
Coarse sea salt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
6 lamb chops, about 3/4-inch thick
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Prep Time 5 Minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes
All you need is 5 ingredients and 10 minutes for the most amazing, buttery scallops ever. Yes, it’s just that easy and simple!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound scallops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
FOR THE LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, add scallops to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the center, about 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
- To make the lemon butter sauce, melt 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve scallops immediately with lemon butter sauce, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Why It’s A Smart Choice
Servings Per Container 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 183.7Calories from Fat 89.1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9.9g15%
Saturated Fat 5.6g28%
Trans Fat 0.5g
Total Carbohydrate 1.6g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.1g0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Scallops are a great choice for bumping up the protein in a meal since they are low fat and low carb – they are essentially little bundles of protein! They also have a good amount of essential minerals such as iron, zinc, selenium, and magnesium.
Nutritional information provided by Jessica Penner, RD at Smart Nutrition.
Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily! Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.
1 tablespoon kosher salt plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
3/4 pound linguine
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
1 pound large shrimp (about 16 shrimp), peeled and deveined
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/2 lemon, zest grated
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes