(SM) – I’ve been trying to cook more and saw this recipe online at Salt and Lavender and had to try it! For Shrimp and Pasta lovers (you can also put it over, mashed potatoes, rice or just eat it as is) this is a restaurant worthy dish that will have you coming back for more! Too Delicious!!
This creamy garlic Tuscan shrimp recipe with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and basil is rich, decadent, and ready in about 15 minutes! Great served over pasta or mashed potatoes.
- 1 pound shrimp (I used 31-40 count size)thawed & peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped or julienned
- 1 cup (packed) fresh baby spinach
- Handful fresh basil cut into thin strips
- Salt & pepper to taste
Melt the butter on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the flour and cook for about a minute, stirring until smooth.
Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Stir in the cream, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes. Reduce heat if it’s bubbling too much.
Add the shrimp and cook for around 5 minutes or until they’re cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened, taking care not to overcook them.
Add the spinach and basil and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately. I like to squeeze extra lemon juice over top when serving (up to you). You could also grate some fresh parmesan over top if you wish.
- Serves 2-4 depending on what else is served with this dish.
- I used sun-dried tomatoes that were packed in oil (I drained the oil). If you use the dried kind, you may want to add more than 1/4 cup.