(SL) – Oh My! This would have freaked me out! So I can imagine how her kids felt. Absolutely terrifying! Inside Edition reports, it was a terrifying moment for a mother trapped in her car with her three kids as huge chunks of hail pummeled down in Golden, Colorado on Monday. Her children cried as the golf-sized balls hit the car as they waited to pick up her oldest kids at school. Suddenly, the back window shattered and hail started pouring into the car. Stephanie Vandewalker did her best to calm the kids down and managed to record the scene.
(SL) – There’s something very off about the death of former NFL player Aaron Hernandez.
The body of the ex-pro reportedly did not contain any traces of drugs, according to toxicology reports.
After Hernandez’s body was found hanging from a sheet in his cell at Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, Massachusetts earlier this month, authorities ruled it out as a suicide. Claims soon surfaced that he could’ve smoked synthetic marijuana before allegedly killing himself, but those reports have been refuted.
Sources say the tests performed as part of Hernandez’s autopsy showed he hadn’t used any illegal drugs or synthetic marijuana ‘K2’.
The toxicology results came around the same time Hernandez’s close jailhouse friend and alleged lover Kyle Kennedy said he would not be surprised if the synthetic drug played some part in his death, according to the Boston Herald. And speaking of Kennedy, none of the letters released have indicated that there was anything outside of a friendship going on between the two.
Kennedy is serving 3-5 years for armed robbery. Hernandez reportedly requested to be housed with Kennedy in his cell, but was denied. That’s no indication that anything was going on between the two. A lot of prisoners complain about not having a cellmate in isolation.
Hernandez reportedly wrote suicide notes to his fiancee, daughter, and Kennedy, who allegedly was put on suicide watch after his death. It’s being reported that the notes were tucked next to a Bible that was opened to verse 3:16 – the words of which were also written on his forehead in red ink.
The Daily Mail reports, it has been speculated that Hernandez’s sexual orientation may have been a motive for the murder of Odin Loyd, for which he was imprisoned. In April 2015, Hernandez was convicted for shooting and killing Lloyd, a semi-professional football player, on June 17, 2013.
Lloyd may have known that Hernandez was carrying on an affair with a male friend who was forced to testify before the grand jury in the Lloyd case.
Five days before he died, he had been acquitted in a double-murder. His death came on the same day his former teammates visited the White House after winning their fifth Super Bowl.
There are also reports that a civil fight could be brewing with family members of the victims wanting to cash in on a portion of the estimated 3.5 million that could be released to his estate from the NFL. However, currently the estate is valued at $0.
(SL) — Funeral services were held for former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez. The 27-year-old Hernandez reportedly took his own life in a Massachusetts prison cell last week, where he was serving a life sentence for murder. Today’s services for Hernandez in his hometown of Bristol, Connecticut were by invitation only. A private burial will take place at a later date.
In related news, the family of the former New England Patriots tight end will gain access to three handwritten notes that the player allegedly wrote before he killed himself, a lawyer for the family said Monday.
Attorney George Leontire told reporters early Monday afternoon that a Bristol Superior Court judge in New Bedford, Mass., ordered the release of the notes to the family, the Boston Globe reported.
The legal action came minutes before funeral services were scheduled to. As part of his motion, Leontire said Hernandez’s family deserved “know their loved one’s final thoughts” and termed it a necessary part of the “grieving process.”
Superior Court Judge Thomas F. McGuire Jr., in an order to the office of Worcester District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr., wrote that “the note(s) shall be produced in time for the family to have them for his burial, which is scheduled for this afternoon.”
A spokesman for Early’s office said copies of the notes were being prepared to send to Hernandez’s family. As part of McGuire’s order, the district attorney was to redact any information that would be pertinent to an ongoing investigation into Hernandez’s death.
Guards discovered the 27-year-old Hernandez in his single cell at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley just after 3 a.m. ET last Wednesday morning. He was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital about an hour later.
Hernandez was serving a life sentence for the murder of Odin Lloyd. The state medical examiner officially ruled it a suicide on Thursday, but his family doesn’t believed that Hernandez took his own life. Three handwritten notes were found in the cell but the contents weren’t immediately released. John 3:16 had also been written on the former NFL starts forehead.
While Leontire said he did not know who the recipients of the notes were, the newspaper reported that one of them was addressed to his fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins Hernandez, and another to their 4-year-old daughter.
Prior to his death, reports claimed he had been in a few altercations with gang members in the prison. The 27-year old reportedly was found naked, hanging in his cell. Thoughts of foul play have been shared but until a complete investigation is complete no one will know.
(SL) – According to a release from the Washington State Patrol, 22-year-old Chyna Thomas was heading southbound on I-5 just north of 288th when her 1998 Toyota Camry went off the road to the left jersey barrier. The car landed on the barrier hitting a pole. She was not wearing her seatbelt and was pronounced dead on the scene.
Troopers say even if she had been wearing a safety belt, they can’t say for sure if it would have saved her life.
“But without the seatbelt, you just don’t have a chance,” Sgt. Tina Martin said.
The fatal accident is still under investigation, but Washington State Patrol says the sister of NBA star Isaiah Thomas may have fallen asleep behind the wheel.
“This was just a casual drift off to the left until something stopped that vehicle. No braking – nothing to show she tried to stop her vehicle before impact,” Martin said, explaining witnesses told WSP they saw Thomas driving normally up until the crash.
A toxicology report is still due from the medical examiner; however, WSP says they found no drugs or alcohol at the scene.
Thomas was a graduate of the Tacoma School of the Arts, according to Tacoma Public Schools.
Friends of hers preferred not going on camera but said she was “awesome and had a great personality.”
Her older brother, Boston Celtics star Isaiah Thomas played against the Chicago Bulls on Sunday. Tears streaming down his face he wrote a tribute to his little sis on his shoes….“Chyna,” “4-15-17,” and “I love you.”
Isaiah Thomas’ teammate and good friend Avery Bradley, told reporters in Boston on Monday the game took a toll emotionally. Many questioned why Thomas would play after the tragedy. Bradley touched on that with his statement.“It was draining. You know, I said it last night. We just were playing for each other. We know it’s tough times right now,” Bradley said. “It’s just a sanctuary being on the basketball court. For us to make him feel happy and make him feel like we have his back, as brothers that’s what you’re supposed to do.”
Thomas scored 33 points with his angel on his shoulders. No funeral date has been set yet.
(SL) -The video is hard to watch, but parents need to be careful with who they trust to take care of their kids.
The shocking footage shows Gregory Diglin picking up a little girl by the arm and throwing her back to the floor. The video shows Diglin yelling at the child because she wouldn’t get off the floor. He says to her, “Don’t tell me no! Get off the floor!” He then picks her up and slams her back to the ground. The child’s face can be seen violently crashing into the floor.
After the 4-year started to scream in pain, Diglin softens his tone and tells the baby to come with him and leads her away from the view of the camera to clean up her blood.
The abuse took place at Children’s Lighthouse Daycare in Spring Texas on Wednesday. Gregory Diglin was charged with injury to a child and is being held at Montgomery County Jail on a $200,000 bond.
Chief Matthew Rodriguez of Montgomery County Constables Office, Precinct 3 said to local station KHOU: ‘It is a high bond. This is a pretty violent action toward a very small child. We take these things very seriously in Montgomery County.’
The child has sustained injuries to the face and mouth area, busted lips, damage to the gums, featured dental damage as well.’
According to Montgomery County police, officials were alerted to the situation after the child’s mother called police and said her child was assaulted after she noticed her daughter had a split lip.
Jeff Kemp, the family’s attorney, spoke to local station KHOU and said, “The little girl is actually quite smart and was able to explain very well for a four-year-old what had happened.”
He added: ‘What happened is every parent’s worst nightmare.’
The owners of Children’s Lighthouse of Spring Harmony terminated the teacher’s employment immediately releasing a statement on Friday saying, “A teacher who is now no longer employed at Children’s Lighthouse of Spring Harmony acted in a manner that neither we nor our franchisee accept or condone.
Children’s Lighthouse Franchise Company and the owners of Children’s Lighthouse of Spring Harmony are cooperating with local authorities to ensure that the situation is handled properly.”
(SL) – The block has been extremely hot in Vegas since around midnight. The first shooting took place at the exclusive Bellagio Hotel. Early Saturday, a gunman in a pig mask opened fire during an armed robbery at a high-end store believed to be a Rolex Store inside iconic resort. Terrified tourists sought shelter amid the chaos.
Three people entered the store and one fired shots. No one was injure but parts of the casino property remain closed as authorities investigate.
Officers received a call about the incident at the Bellagio at 12:50 am, and apprehended one suspect by 2:15 am, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.
One woman who was at the hotel when the robbery unfolded described the atmosphere as one of ‘mass panic’.
Different story with the second shooting that happened around noon. After word that the standoff had ended, more details emerged.
Larry Hadfield, a spokesman with Las Vegas Metro police, said of the bus situation to USA Today: ‘The shooting incident happened on the bus. We had one single shooting incident with two victims. Both were transported to the trauma center and one is deceased.’
Hadfield added that SWAT and hostage negotiation personnel were on site but wouldn’t confirm if there were passengers still on the regional transit bus at the time.
A police spokesperson was quoted as saying that the alleged gunman surrendered without incident after fours hours.
Around 1.45 pm, local time, a loud bang occurred near the bus, as some reports indicate the SWAT team detonated the side of the vehicle. There was a flash of light and smoke appeared to come from the bus.
No information has been made available as of early Saturday evening regarding the identities of the suspect or the victims.
(SL) – I’m with DL Hughley. They found Tom Brady’s jersey but these little girls are have been disappearing left and right and their just now starting to highlight it?
As of Thursday, over a dozen District teenagers, ranging in age from 14 to 18, are missing. But the numbers are much larger than that.
The AP’s Jesse J. Holland reports, the District of Columbia logged 501 cases of missing juveniles, many of them black or Latino, in the first three months of this year, according to the Metropolitan Police Department, the city’s police force. Twenty-two were unsolved as of March 22, police said.
Black members of Congress are calling for the Justice Department to help police investigate a large number of missing children in Washington, D.C.
The letter, dated Tuesday and obtained Thursday by The Associated Press, was sent by Congressional Black Caucus chairman Cedric Richmond, D-La., and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton, who represents the District in Congress.
They called on Attorney General Jeff Sessions and FBI Director James Comey to “devote the resources necessary to determine whether these developments are an anomaly or whether they are indicative of an underlying trend that must be addressed.”
“Ten children of color went missing in our nation’s capital in a period of two weeks and at first garnered very little media attention. That’s deeply disturbing,” Richmond’s letter said. Derrica Wilson, co-founder of the Black and Missing Foundation, said that despite the assurances from police, it was alarming for so many children to go missing around the same time.
On Tuesday night, she noted, her group had four reports of missing children and only one had been found. “We can’t focus on the numbers. If we have one missing child, that’s one too many,” Wilson said.
Wilson said she is concerned about whether human trafficking is a factor, citing the case of 8-year-old Relisha Rudd, who has been missing since she vanished from a city homeless shelter in 2014.
A janitor who worked at the shelter was found dead of apparent suicide during the search for the girl.
“They prey on the homeless, they prey on low income children, they prey on the runaways, they prey online,” Wilson said.
(SL)- In what seems to be ripped straight from a TV show or crime movie, seven police officers in Baltimore Maryland are accused of writing the script for the real life wire.
Accused of everything from robbery to selling heroin are:
- Det. Momodu Bondeva Kenton Gondo, a/k/a GMoney and Mike, 34, of Owings Mills, hired in 2005
- Det. Evodio Calles Hendrix, 32, of Randallstown, hired in 2009
- Det. Daniel Thomas Hersl, 47, of Joppa, hired in 1999
- Sgt. Wayne Earl Jenkins, 36, of Middle River, hired in 2003
- Det. Jemell Lamar Rayam, 36, of Owings Mills, hired in 2005
- Det. Marcus Roosevelt Taylor, 30, of Glen Burnie, hired in 2009
- Det. Maurice Kilpatrick Ward, 36, of Middle River, hired in 2003
All have been federally indicted for a racketeering conspiracy.
The investigation lasted over a year and the criminal acts range from stopping innocent people and robbing them for amounts ranging from $200,000 to a ‘couple hundred dollars,’ filing false affidavits, and making fraudulent overtime claims while officers vacationed in Myrtle Beach and gambled at casinos.
“I turned the camera off,” Gondo said.
“Oh yeah, f(asterisk)(asterisk)(asterisk) that s(asterisk)(asterisk)(asterisk)(asterisk),” Rayam said. “So, basically it’s like you were never here.”
“These officers are 1930s-style gangers,” said Police Commissioner Kevin Davis. “They betrayed the trust we’re trying to build with our community at a very sensitive time in our history.”
Other incidents include:
- — Five of the officers stopped a man leaving a storage facility, lied that they had a search warrant, and then stole $2,000 from a sock containing $4,800. Federal authorities were listening: inside an electronically surveilled police car, Rayam was recorded telling Gondo he’d only “taxed” the man “a little bit.”
- — Four of the officers arrested a man during a traffic stop and confiscated drugs and $21,500, but turned only $15,000 over as evidence. Then they went to the man’s home and stole $200,000 and a $4,000 wristwatch from a safe deposit box.
U.S. Attorney Rod Rosenstein also announced a second indictment charging a drug conspiracy. Sometimes, narcotics and weapons were seized in addition to money and, “in several instances, the defendants did not file any police reports,” the indictment alleges.
In it, Gondo is accused of dealing drugs and protecting his operation by tipping off drug dealers about law-enforcement tactics.
“This is not about aggressive policing, it is about criminal conspiracy,” Rosenstein said.
In August 2016, Justice Department’s released a scathing report detailing systemic failures, including excessive use of force, illegal stops, inadequate oversight and a dearth of training.
The indictment describes a criminal enterprise that began in 2015, when the city was rocked by civil unrest following the death of a young black man, Freddie Gray, in police custody that April. Weeks later, the Justice Department began a “pattern and practice” investigation of the city’s police force. Intense reform efforts followed, including the expanded use of cameras to record police interactions. Rosenstein said the investigation began about a year ago, and that as a result, his office “quietly dropped” five federal cases brought by one or more of the officers. Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby wasn’t notified about the investigation until charges were filed. He expects her office to review its cases involving the officers, as well.
Rosenstein called the officers’ conduct “a pernicious conspiracy scheme that included abuse of power.”
All have been suspended without pay and are in custody of the FBI as police are search for more victims who may have interacted with any of these officers under suspicious circumstances.
(SL) -Muhammad was returning from a Black History Month event in Jamaica with his mother when he was questioned by customs at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport over his name and whether or not he is muslim.
Attending ‘The Price’ On Broadway, the father-daughter pair even sneaked backstage during intermission to chat with the A-list cast and crew, which included Mark Ruffalo, Danny DeVito, Tony Shalhoub and Jessica Hecht.